Throughout September we’ve been talking about what it means to eat healthy and why it’s important! We figured if we’re telling you to eat healthy, we should provide you with something healthy and delicious to make! Below is a recipe for a fruit salad. This is something that can help us hit our sweet spot while still nourishing our bodies.
- Chopped pineapple
- Chopped strawberries
- Mandarin oranges
- Chopped apples
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Begin by making sure all the fruit is washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces.
- Next, drain the juice from the mandarin oranges and set the juice aside.
- Combine all the fruit into a large bowl and stir well.
- In a separate container, combine three tablespoons of the juice from the mandarin oranges, honey and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the honey vanilla sauce over the fruit and mix well until all the fruit is coated.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers!